Optitex – Patterns
The program works in Windows software environment and is made to work with almost every type of peripherals. What it means in praxis, is that can cooperate both with the vast majority of input devices – digitizers, and the majority of printers or plotters. Still – due to the specifics of the software – we recommend the use of clothing industry plotters with wide field of operation and fast printing speeds.
The program consists of the following parts:
- PDS – which consists of DIGITIZE for digitizations, PDS for pattern making and GRADE for grading.
- MARK – markeres making.
An extremely important feature of the system is its modular build. It means that each of the module described below can be independently installed at any time – thus you can expand the system you currently use, or reconfigure it.
PDS – basic module for patterns build on the basis of construction mesh or through re-modeling of already existing patterns.
The module is equipped with tools for fast and perfecting changes within a selected element or model. It allows for:
- creation of derived elements such as: necks, creases, linings, etc.
- automatic creation of new elements by cutting or connection of already existing elements, with preservation of parameters applied
- automatic addition of sewing surplus during splitting of elements and removal of surplus when they are connected
- work on symmetric elements – all changes made on one side of the element are automatically translated on the other side with preservation of all required parameters
- adjustment of model to set type of fabric according to its properties or shrinking
- precise measurements of the whole model, the constituent elements, selected line that takes grading parameters and sewing surpluses into account in relation to longitudinal lengths and geometric distances
- addition of tucks, overlaps, creases, buttons, internal elements with automatic grading values
- introduction of different types of in-cuts with definition of their position in the basic size and in respective grades
- creation of template libraries, rules for grading elements or fragments of elements
- creation of element zoning maps, where every change introduced to the mapped element can be automatically introduced to all respective elements
- copying fragments of seams from one element and pasting it to any desired fragment of same or different element
- creation of tucks through selecting its subsequent points and opening with the simultaneous spreading of the element
- pasting of tucks with the simultaneous spreading of the element
- cutting tuck arms according to an appropriately defined arc
The advantages of this module are:
- smooth digitization of curves
- constant preview of the uploaded element
- possibility to add any type of points, in-cuts, internal lines, tucks, buttons, etc.
- possibility to add elements in grading mesh, with preservation of full set of available sizes
- the possibility to add a bigger number of elements without the need to leave the digitizer, without their immediate description and definition of straight thread or reference lines
- possibility to undo incorrect operations
- possibility to configure the digitizer control panel according to operator’s needs
- possibility to go back to digitization of an already saved elements and introduction of amendments
Module designed for grading of templates according to their:
- circumferences and heights at the same time, according to the so called grading variation
The grading process may take place in several ways:
- as interactive process – through entering the increment values in the grading chart of template at a set point
- automatically – with use of previously defined libraries of grading principles
- as interactive process – with use of mouse pointer, that is by manual sliding of points to the desired screen location and automatic recording of those values in the grading chart.
An innovative solution that plays the crucial role in the template design and manufacturing preparation. The virtual fitting of clothes allows for fast verification of model correctness, and thus almost total elimination of costs connected with sample sewing of prototypes. It allows the direct contact between the design and template departments.
With use of library of textiles, seams and additions (that is buttons, zippers, embroidery) the designer may quickly change the appearance of the model and the properties of fabric used, change its color or choose a completely different type. The possibility of changing a range of avatar parameters allows for checking the whole range on different types of body shapes.
Another innovative solution is the option to generate files in formats that can be attached to offers drawn in standard text editing tools (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Star Office and other suites), publish on webpage or send with e-mail. What is extremely important in this case is also the fact that there is no need to install OptiTex software at the customer side in order to read the files sent, which gives the possibility for fast verification of the model by marketing department.